Personal papers of Flora Boynton
Flora Boynton was the Secretary of the University of Kansas Endowment Association (KUEA) from 1943-1949 and was the unofficial housemother to the Summerfield Scholars during her tenure. After her retirement in 1949, the Scholars compiled a scrapbook of correspondence and began a scholarship fund in her name. This collection consists of the scrapbook and some loose correspondence.
- 1929 - 1949
- Boynton, Flora S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
These materials are stored in the KU Annex off-site storage area.
All researchers interested in reviewing this material must consult Spencer Research Library Public Services staff (785-864-4334 or firstname.lastname@example.org, 9-5 M-F CST) no less than three days in advance of a planned visit. Be advised that drop-in requests for this material cannot be accommodated.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Language of Materials
Annex (Contact Spencer Library Public Services)
- Boynton, Flora S. -- Correspondence
- University of Kansas -- Funds and scholarships
- Guide to the Flora S. Boynton Collection
- Personal papers of Flora Boynton
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005. Finding aid encoded by ad, 2005. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Personal papers of Flora S. Boynton, University Archives, PP 182, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States