Jack E. Lorts collection of Larry Eigner correspondence and manuscripts
Call Number: MS 352
Collection of materials received by Jack E. Lorts from and concerning the poet Larry Eigner. Includes correspondence and poem typescripts from Eigner and two letters from poet Cid Corman. Lorts had undertaken a college paper on Larry Eigner and began corresponding with him as part of that project.
- January 1960-February 26, 1962
- Eigner , Larry, 1927-1996 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Scope and Contents
The collection includes two letters (Sept. 13, 1961 and Feb. 26, 1962) and one postcard (Oct. 23, 1961) from Larry Eigner to Jack Lorts. Also in the collection are 40 poem typescripts by Larry Eigner (primarily carbons and thermal carbons, but with two that contain original pencil notations in Eigner’s hand). There is also one additional letter (Nov. 1, 1961) and one postcard (dated Feb. 14, 1962) from Cid Corman to Jack Lorts concerning Larry Eigner and other matters.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Jack E. Lorts, 2017.
- Guide to the Jack E. Lorts Collection of Larry Eigner Correspondence and Manuscripts
- Jack E. Lorts collection of Larry Eigner correspondence and manuscripts
- Finding aid prepared by haz. Finding aid encoded by haz.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the G. Baley Price Graduate Student Fellowship Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Jack E. Lorts Collection, MS 352, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.