Records of the First National Bank, Larned, Kansas
This letter from J.W Rush, president of the First National Bank of Larned, Kansas is to the stockholders of the bank, dated February 4th, 1890. The letter addresses the collapse after the ‘boom’ of 1888 and the difficult financial situation of the bank. Rush asks that shareholders vote on a proposal to reduce capital, which would reduce tax and recover loses over time.
- First National Bank (Larned, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of First National Bank of Larned, Kansas
The First National Bank of Larned, Kansas was established in April 1882 and failed in 1896.
Language of Materials
RH MS P905
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Carmen Valentino, 2009
- Guide to the First National Bank, Larned, Kansas Collection
- Records of the First National Bank, Larned, Kansas.
- Finding aid prepared by acs, 2012 Finding aid encoded by acs, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
First National Bank Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P905, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States