Fort Leavenworth, Kansas photographic postcards
Two real photographic postcards depicting Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. The views are of officers' quarters on Pope Avenue and of Otis Hall. There are descriptive inscriptions on the back of each postcard. Fort Leavenworth, which is located north of Leavenworth, Kansas, is the oldest Army post west of the Mississippi River and is known for training Army leaders through its Command School.
- approximately 1909
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (1 folder containing 2 postcards)
RH PH P486
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Virginia Ashlock, August 1988.
- Guide to the Fort Leavenworth, Kansas Photographic Postcards Collection
- Fort Leavenworth, Kansas photographic postcards
- Finding aid prepared by lmw. Finding aid encoded by lmw.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas photographic postcards, RH PH P486, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.