Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 F. & A.M.
The Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 F. & A.M. history is a brief handwritten document chronicling the Kansas organization's primary activities.
- Freemasons. Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 (Kansas City, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 F. & A.M.
The Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 began August 24, 1904, with George Brinker as the first Worshipful Master. From 1904 to 1916, the group met in Armordale, Kansas; they then moved to the 10th and Washington Blvd. location. Olive Branch was one of the first lodges in the area to own their own hall, to organize a school for Masonic instruction, and to recognize meritorious service for master masons.
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 F. & A.M. history dates from 1977 and consists of a photocopy of a four page, handwritten document. The document presents a list of Past Masters from the organizations beginning circa 1904 to 1977 and then gives a brief history of the organization.
RH MS P820
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Rev. Emmett L. Hughes, 1978.
- Guide to the Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 F. & A.M. Collection
- Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 F. & A.M.
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007 Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Olive Branch Lodge No. 74 F. & A.M. Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P820, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States