Gilgas family photographs
Glass plate and flexible negatives of scenes of the Gilgas family, their farming activities, and Willow Springs School in Douglas County, Kansas. Prints are also available of all negatives in the collection and should be consulted by researchers first.
- before approximately 1920
- Gilgas family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
Prints have been made of all negatives in the collection. Glass plate negatives, due to their fragility, require approval from either the curator or head of Public Services, and researchers should consult the available prints before requesting negatives.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes: 3 flexible + 23 glass plate negatives; prints from negatives)
Language of Materials
RH PH 130
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dennis Domer, 1990.
- Guide to the Gilgas Family Collection
- Gilgas family photographs
- Finding aid prepared by rbw, 2008; Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Gilgas family photographs, RH PH 130, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States