Anthony Harrigan collection inventories
These copies of typed inventories provide detailed listings of the many papers of conservative writer and lecturer Anthony H. Harrigan that were received by the University of Wyoming's Archive of Contemporary History (within the University's American Heritage Center) during the period 1972 to 1980. The inventories, arranged by date of accession, list Harrigan's speeches, articles, and correspondence, as well as personal correspondence of Harrigan and Ravenel family members. Topics covered by Harrigan's collection include the United States' relationships with foreign countries; international trade and politics; and social policy, among other topics.
- 1800 - 1980
- Harrigan, Anthony H., II, 1925- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Anthony H. Harrigan
Anthony Hart Harrigan Jr. or II (born 1925), a conservative writer and lecturer, was associate editor of the Charleston, South Carolina News and Courier from 1957-1970. He was vice-president and later president of the United States Business and Industrial Council between 1970-1990 and president of the United States Industrial Council Educational Foundation from 1978 until his retirement in 1990.
Harrigan wrote a syndicated newspaper column "Sensing the News" and lectured widely on issues including social and economic problems, international politics, foreign policy, and international trade. Harrigan was the grandson of actor and playwright Edward Harrigan, son of physician Anthony Hart Harrigan Sr., and nephew of Nedda Harrigan Logan, wife of motion picture producer and director Joshua Logan. He married Elizabeth Ravenel in 1950.
[Source of information for this biographical note: The University of Wyoming online catalog record for the Anthony H. Harrigan Papers, The University of Wyoming American Heritage Center.]
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Language of Materials
RH WL MS 4
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Laird Wilcox, 1984
- Conservatism -- United States
- Harrigan family.
- International economic relations
- International trade
- Ravenel family.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1945-
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1989
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989
- United States Business and Industrial Council
- United States Industrial Council Educational Foundation
- Guide to the Anthony Harrigan Collection Inventory
- Anthony Harrigan collection inventories
- Finding aid prepared by mh, 2007. Finding aid encoded by mh, 2007.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Harrigan, Anthony H, Anthony Harrigan Collection Inventory, Wilcox Collection, Kansas Collection, RH WL MS 4, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
- 2019-09-30: Updated creator authority record; ended up also updating collection record, mwh
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States