Rolling Prairie Grange, No. 1628 photographs
The Rolling Prairie Grange No. 1628 collection contains two photographs of Rolling Prairie Grange No. 1628 members from the 1910s and an article dating from 2020 explaining the history of the organization. This chapter of the Grange was located in Onaga, Kansas.
- Creation: approximately 1916 - 1919; 2020
- Rolling Prairie Grange No. 1628 (Onaga, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of the Rolling Prairie Grange No. 1628
The Rolling Prairie Grange was a chapter of the Kansas Grange Patrons of Husbandry, an agricultural service organization. Located in Onaga, Pottawatomie County, Kansas, the Rolling Prairie Grange was founded on November 23, 1914, before merging with Lone Mound Grange No. 1626 in 1943.
The Patrons of Husbandry organization has been known as a Freemasons-like fraternal organization, working to develop rural communities and advocating for farmers’ rights. The national organization is still in operation to the present day.
[Information taken from collection materials.]
1 folder ; Folder measures 22 x 37 cm.
Language of Materials
RH PH P2948
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Onaga Historical Society, Deborah Berges, president, 2020.
- Onaga Historical Society. Deborah Berges, President (Donor, Organization)
- Rolling Prairie Grange No. 1628 (Onaga, Kan.) -- Photographs (Organization)
- Guide to the Rolling Prairie Grange No. 1628 Collection
- Rolling Prairie Grange, No. 1628 photographs
- Finding aid prepared by mmj. Finding aid encoded by mmj.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Rolling Prairie Grange No. 1628 collection, RH PH P2948, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.