First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, Kansas History
The First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, Kansas History is a typewritten history of the African American church, which was organized in 1857.
- Hicks, E. B. (Elder Barney), 1907- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, Kansas
The First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, Kansas was organized in 1857. On 18 May 1874 the Church applied for a state charter as the Sixth and Miami Baptist Church; however it was officially the First Colored Baptist Church of Leavenworth City. The Church celebrated its hundredth anniversary in May 1957.
Scope and Contents
The First Baptist Church of Leavenworth History dates from 1957 and consists of a photocopy of a typewritten history of the church written by Rev. E. B. Hicks. A photocopy of the Abstract of Title for the Church's property accompanies the history.
RH MS P529
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Rev. Don Sprague, 1985
- Guide to the First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, Kansas Collection
- First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, Kansas History
- Finding aid prepared by tc, 1988 Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004; revised by mbw, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
First Baptist Church of Leavenworth Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P529, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries