William P. Harrison letters and a letter from Henry Bigge
Scope and Contents
Five of the letters-, dated 1861-62, are from Harrison to his sisters, one of whom was Anna Louisa Harrison, later Mrs. M. M. Green. The sixth letter, dated 1890, is from Henry Bigge to Mr. and Mrs. M. M. Green, his wife's parents. Envelope addressed to Mrs. M. M. Green used as container for Harrison's letters is included.
- Creation: 1861-1862, 1890
- Harrison, William P. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Harrison, William P.
Harrison was a member of the 6th Regiment of the Wisconsin volunteers during the Civil War.
1 folder (7 items, holographs, signed. )
Language of Materials
RH MS P61
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift. Wilma Behren Dunahugh, Almena, Kansas, 1970.
- Guide to the William P. Harrison Collection
- William P. Harrison letters and a letter from Henry Bigge
- kpz 10 November 1972 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
William P. Harrison Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P61 , Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas