History of the First Methodist Church (Towanda, Kan.)
History of the First Methodist Church, Towanda, Kansas / compiled by Mrs. Harry Wilson, Sr. and Mrs. Drew Edmiston for the sixty-eighth anniversary, September 1956.
- Creation: 1956
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Administrative history of First Methodist Church (Towanda, Kan.)
The charter of the First Methodist Church in Towanda, Kansas, was issued May 14, 1885. Services were held in the local schoolhouse until 1892 when the first church building was erected. In 1926 better facilities were needed and the money was raised to construct a new building.
1 volume (41 leaves ; 29 cm. Typescript. With manuscript notes. )
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The history recounts the details of these events as well as records the roster of pastors, early church members, marriages performed and the various women's societies organized within the church. Also included is the membership roster as of 1956.
The manuscript is signed by Mrs. H.W. Wilson, Towanda, KS, 1959. Her manuscript corrections and additions are included throughout the text.
RH MS D228
Immediate Source of Acquisition
transfer from Kb Hl 88 T65w 1956
- Guide to the History of the First Methodist Church, Towanda, Kansas Collection
- History of the First Methodist Church (Towanda, Kan.)
- jss 12/82 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
History of the First Methodist Church, Towanda, Kansas Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS D228, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas