Letter about early days in Wyandotte County.
Sibyl S. McDonald describes the early settlement of Wyandotte County, Kansas and explains the U.S. government reparations to the Delaware Native Americans in 1972 for lands taken in 1854 when Kansas territory opened to Euro-American settlement.
- Creation: 1972
- McDonald, Sibyl S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Sibyl S. McDonald
Sibyl S. McDonald is part Delaware. Her white ancestors, the Grinters, were the first white settlers in Wyandotte County.
1 folder (5 pieces in 1 folder)
Language of Materials
RH MS P216
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Written for the Kansas Collection by Sibyl S. McDonald
- Guide to the Sibyl S. McDonald Collection
- Letter about early days in Wyandotte County
- Finding aid prepared by kpz, 22 October 1973. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Sibyl S. McDonald collection, RH MS P216, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas