My Dear Little Penny, an autobiographical letter about Neil Thomas Mitchell
This letter was written to the author's great granddaughter, who at the age of 11 was assigned the task of gathering information about an "older" person by her Girl Scout leader. Mitchell relates his life on a farm in Osage County, Kansas, his abbreviated education, the birth of his first child, and a summary of his local political activities.
- Creation: April 2, 1957
- Mitchell, Neil Thomas, 1871- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (3 leaves. Typescript.)
Language of Materials
RH MS P306
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Penny P. Remington, April, 1977
- Guide to the Neil Thomas Mitchell Collection
- My Dear Little Penny, an autobiographical letter about Neil Thomas Mitchell
- lgg 5 April 1977 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Neil Thomas Mitchell Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P306, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas