Anna G. (Smith) Irvin's memories of early days in Kansas
Reminiscences of early days near Blue Mound. Recounts family's departure from England and trip West. Describes pioneer life in Douglas County, raids during the civil War, and Indians in the area. A 4-page "Excerpt" and map is included with the account.
- Irvin, Anna G., 1860- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Irvin, Anna G. (Smith)
Anna Irvin was the daughter of T. B. Smith, who was County Clerk of Douglas County in 1874.
1 folder (3 items; Typewritten. )
RH MS P68
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Original loaned for xeroxing by Roy Irvin, Winslow, Arkansas. "Excerpts" gift of Mrs. A. W. Phillips, Lawrence.
- Guide to the Anna G. (Smith) Irvin Collection
- Anna G. (Smith) Irvin's memories of early days in Kansas
- kp7 13 November 1972. mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Anna G. (Smith) Irvin Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P68, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas