Daniel Vanderslice correspondence, receipts, and legal documents.
This collection comprises personal and business correspondence, receipts, and legal documents from 1826-1907. Also included are architectural plans and instructions for the building of a schoolhouse and a manuscript plat of Highland, Kansas, dated 1855.
- Creation: 1826 - 1907
- Vanderslice, Daniel, 1799-1889 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Daniel Vanderslice
Daniel Vanderslice was the general agent for the Great Nemaha Indian Agency from 1853-1861. The agency governed the activities of the Chickasaw, Iowa, Sac and Fox, and Kickapoo Native American tribes. Vanderslice also maintained contact with Samuel M. Irvin's Highland Mission, which served the Iowas, Sac and Fox tribes.
6 folders (71 items in 6 folders)
Language of Materials
RH MS 136
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Irvin family, 1964.
- Breckinridge, John C. (John Cabell), 1821-1875 (Person)
- Bayless, John, 1834?-1873 (Person)
- Cummings, A. (Person)
- Irvin, S. M. (Samuel Mcleary), 1812- (Person)
- Whitfield, J. W. (Person)
- Iowa Point Hotel Company (Iowa Point, Kan.) (Organization)
- United States. Office of Indian Affairs. Great Nemaha Agency (Organization)
- Highland Academy (Highland, Kan.) (Organization)
- Democratic Party (Kan.) (Organization)
- Guide to the Daniel Vanderslice Collection
- Daniel Vanderslice correspondence, receipts, and legal documents.
- Finding aid prepared by jma, 10 April 1973. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Daniel Vanderslice collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 136, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas