Wyandotte County, Kansas District Court collection
The materials in this collection relate to approximately 150 civil suits heard before the Wyandotte County District Court. Much of the material relates to the Wyandotte tribe as litigants, among whom are Abelard Couthrie and William Walker, as well as other Walker family members. Other litigants include firms such as Great Western Telegraph Company and Missouri Valley Lumber Company. In many instances the documents include all relevant papers indicating all actions taken and final settlements.
- Kansas. District Court (29th Judicial District) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restricitons.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 Linear Feet (640 items in 2 document cases)
The collection is arranged chronologically and alphabetically by plantiffs' names within each year.
RH MS 25
Other Finding Aids
NUCMC: MS 80-375
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Smoky Hill Bookseller, 1967.
- Guide to the Kansas. District Court (Wyandotte) Collection
- Wyandotte County, Kansas District Court collection
- Finding aid prepared by ob, 1973; lgg, 6 April 1973. Finding aid encoded by amh, 2004. Finding aid revised by dsw, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Wyandotte County, Kansas District Court collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 25, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas