Lawrence Bank bank notes
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P433
The collection contains four Lawrence Bank notes of three and five dollar denominations. These notes are imprinted with "The Lawrence Bank, Lawrence, Kansas" but were probably issued by the Lawrence National Bank, which was established in the 1860s. Imagery on the notes, which allowed the bearer to exchange the notes for cash, included a Native American woman holding a baby, a Native American man attacking a bison, and industrial scenes with a river barge prominent next to smoking factories.
- Lawrence Bank (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials. The notes have been encapsulated in mylar and are quite fragile.
1 folder (4 items )
RH MS P433
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Chris Larson, August 1981.
- Guide to the Lawrence Bank Collection
- Lawrence Bank, bank notes
- Finding aid prepared by lt, March 1982. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence Bank bank notes, Kansas Collection, RH MS P433, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas