African American churches -- Kansas -- Salina
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 records:
Call Number: RH MS 1301
Overview Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church of Salina, KS was started by Reverend John L. Davis and Alex Holly in 1882. There were 13 original members of the church. Church services were held in various places until a building was constructed in 1883 at 364 N. 8th Street. This building was sold in 1917. From February 1918 to 1935, services were held in a basement located on N. 8th Street. In 1935, a building was purchased at the corner of 8th and Decatur Street. Reverend Charles Sanders was Pastor at the time. ...
Dates: 1905 - 1989
Call Number: RH MS P748
Overview The Thelma B. Boswell papers are those of a native Kansan who was a highly active member of Allen Chapel A.M.E. (Salina, Kan.) and played piano for that congregation.
Dates: 1921 - 1975