Kansas. Board of Regents
Found in 4 Records:
The Elmer C. Jackson papers are those of a native Kansan and prominent Kansas City, Kansas attorney. Jackson was active in numerous local and national organizations, such as the National Bar Association, the Kansas Board of Regents, and Sigma Pi Phi.
Henry Bubb, a financial executive, was an alumnus of the University of Kansas and a member of the Kansas Board of Regents. This collection includes material related to Bubb's business and personal activities from 1936-1983, as well as scrapbooks, dating from 1932-1974, which document Bubb's various business, political, philanthropic and social activities.
This collection is comprised of the records of the Kansas Board of Regents, appointed by the Governor of Kansas, which oversees the state's seven public universities, nineteen community colleges, and six technical colleges.
The Caldwell family papers are those of an African American family from Salina, Kansas. The majority of the papers concern Robert C. Caldwell, who was a Salina teacher, City Commissioner, and Salina's first African American and first school teacher elected Mayor. He also served as Representative for Salina in the Kansas State Legislature.
- African American lawyers -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American legislators -- Kansas 1
- African American mayors -- United States 1
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- Businessmen -- Correspondence 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1
- Savings and loan associations -- Kansas 1
- Topeka (Kan.) -- History 1
- Universities and colleges -- Kansas -- Administration -- Records and correspondence 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1 + ∧ less