Henry Agnew Bubb papers
- 1930 - 1983
- Bubb, Henry Agnew, 1907-1989 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
All researchers interested in reviewing this material must consult Spencer Research Library staff (785-864-4334, 9-5 M-F CST) no less than three days in advance of a planned visit. Be advised that drop-in requests for this material can not be accommodated.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Henry Agnew Bubb (1907-1989)
Bubb started at Capitol Federal in 1926 as a clerk. By 1941 he was elected president, and in 1950 he was elected chairman of the board, positions which he held until his death in 1989. Under his leadership the business grew to be one of the largest financial institutions in Kansas. He served in various capacities on several advisory committees to the U.S. Senate due to his work with Capitol Federal, as well as on the U.S. Department of Treasury's advisory committee for the savings and loan industry.
Long active in Republican Party politics, Bubb was president of the Young Republican Federation, the National Organization of Young Republican Clubs, and a delegate to the Republican National Convention of 1940, at which he supported Wendell Wilkie for the presidental nomination. Later he was chairman of the National Citizens for Reagan Committee.
Bubb was named Distinguished Kansan of the Year in 1972 by the Native Sons and Daughters of Kansas, and in 1993 he was inducted into the Kansas Business Hall of Fame.
93 Linear Feet (187 boxes + 6 volumes, 3 oversize boxes)
Other Finding Aids
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Henry A. Bubb, 1974
- Bubb family.
- Businessmen -- Correspondence
- Capitol Federal Savings and Loan Association (Topeka, Kan.)
- Dykes, Archie R.
- Kansas. Board of Regents
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913 -1994
- Reagan, Ronald
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- Savings and loan associations -- Kansas
- Savings and loan associations -- Kansas -- Topeka
- Topeka (Kan.) -- History
- United States Savings and Loan League
- Willkie, Wendell L. (Wendell Lewis), 1892-1944
- Guide to the Henry Agnew Bubb Collection
- Henry Agnew Bubb papers
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 1978, 1979. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006; revised by mrm, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Henry Agnew Bubb papers, Kansas Collection, RH MS 159, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas