Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
Found in 9 records:
This collection of speeches, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, audiovisual material, and miscellaneous memorabilia was collected by historian Donald R. McCoy as a result of his research for the biography Landon of Kansas.
Alfred Mossman Landon, 1887-1987, a prominent Kansas Republican, served as Governor of Kansas from 1933-1937 and ran an unsuccessful campaign for the United States presidency in 1936. This collection includes audiotapes and transcripts of interviews with Governor Landon by Donald R. McCoy and Louis George Griffin from 1975-1976.
The Charles S. Scott Papers are those of a prominent native Topeka, Kansas lawyer who focused on civil rights and was one of the plaintiff's lawyers in the landmark Brown vs. the Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas case.
Henry Bubb, a financial executive, was an alumnus of the University of Kansas and a member of the Kansas Board of Regents. This collection includes material related to Bubb's business and personal activities from 1936-1983, as well as scrapbooks, dating from 1932-1974, which document Bubb's various business, political, philanthropic and social activities.
The James Ashford Manka papers are concerned primarily with Manka's peripheral activities, including politics and religion. The collection has been arranged by subject. File folders with this subject arrangement were maintained by Manka and fall into five categories and form a rough chronology of Manka's activities.
These broadcast sound recordings were collected by the news staff of Wren Radio. Each recording was either produced or acquired by Wren because the subject of the recording is Alfred M. Landon, president of Wren Broadcasting Company and 1936 Republican presidential candidate.
These papers may have been written by E. H. Sears, according to accession notes, but his death date appears to conflict with the manuscript dates. The papers were among some newspapers initialled E. H. Sears given by James C. Malin.
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 3
- United States -- History -- 1945- 3
- Elections -- United States 2
- Kansas -- Politics and government 2
- African American lawyers -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Kansas 1
- Banks and banking 1
- Business enterprises -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- Businessmen -- Correspondence 1
- Campaign literature -- Kansas 1
- Civil rights -- Kansas 1
- Conservatism -- United States 1
- Currency question -- United States 1
- Elections -- Ohio 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 1
- Money -- United States 1
- Mortgages 1
- National banks -- United States 1
- Politicians -- Kansas 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1876 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1936 1
- Radicalism -- United States 1
- Religion and state 1
- Savings and loan associations -- Kansas 1
- School boards -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- Topeka (Kan.) -- History 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Race relations 1 ∧ less