University of Kansas. School of Fine Arts
Found in 6 Records:
Carey taught Ceramics at the University of Kansas from 1944-1976. This collection consists of correpondence 1954-1976, exhibits, publicity, catalogues, clippings, and photographs.
Joseph Szigeti, a violinist, was the first musician to play at the new theatre at the University of Kansas in 1958. This collection consists of a letter of thanks that Szigeti wrote to Thomas Gorton, who was the Dean of the School of Fine Arts, for inviting him to play at the new theatre.
Moore taught voice at the University of Kansas from 1927-1963. This collection consists of genealogy information, academic honors, programs, correspondence, diary, and photographs of students, visitors, and family.
Robert Green was a professor of painting and drawing at the University of Kansas (KU), retiring as professor emeritus in 1979. In 1965, Green married Miriam L. Berg, known professionally as Miriam Stewart-Green, who was a professor of voice at KU. This collection primarily contains examples of Green's work, including drawings, sketches, portfolios, and slides, as well as some correspondence, personal files, and materials related to teaching.
Waldemar Geltch was the head of the Violin Department in the School of Fine Arts at the University of Kansas from 1922 to 1949, and continued to teach until his retirement in 1953. This collection contains correspondence, personal items, journals, and a large photograph collection from both he and his wife, Marjory.
Ward Lockwood taught in the School of Fine Arts at the University of Kansas from 1957-1958. This collection contains clippings, correspondence, diaries, account books, and photographs.