Wyandot Nation correspondence, documents, and clippings
Scope and Contents
The collection includes letters of Wyandot chiefs and principals of the Wyandot Nation. Also, there is correspondence about the Methodist Church Mission effort among the Wyandots involving the division of the Methodist Church North and South. The documents in the collection include several Wyandot land allotments to the tribe in Kansas territory. An item by item inventory is included in each folder.
- 1823 - 1889
- Wyandot Nation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 box (143 items)
Language of Materials
RH MS 69
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, H. C. Revercomb, Kansas City, Kan, 1942; land documents, unknown.
- Indians of North America -- Kansas
- Land titles -- Kansas -- Wyandotte County
- Methodist Church -- Missions
- Revercomb, H. C.
- Wyandot Nation -- Records and correspondence
- Guide to the Wyandot Nation Collection
- Wyandot Nation correspondence, documents, and clippings
- pg October 1976 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Wyandot Nation Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 69, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States