"Diary of daily life, Lawrence, Kansas: Elizabeth Duncan in 1864"
This 34-page typescript contains the text of an article by Katie H. Armitage, entitled "Elizabeth 'Bettie' Duncan: Diary of Daily Life, 1864," which was published in the Winter 1987/1988 edition (pages 275-289) of Kansas History, a journal of the Kansas State Historical Society. The manuscript describes and includes excerpts from the 1864 diary of Lawrence, Kansas pioneer Elizabeth "Bettie" Duncan. The collection also includes a transcript of Duncan's diary done by Armitage.
- January 1987
- Armitage, Katie (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
RH MS P753
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Katie Armitage, 1982, 1990.
Transcript of Duncan's 1864 diary formerly located at RH MS D222.
- Guide to the "Diary of Daily Life, Lawrence, Kansas: Elizabeth Duncan in 1864" Collection
- "Diary of daily life, Lawrence, Kansas: Elizabeth Duncan in 1864"
- Finding aid prepared by lit, 1982; mh, 2007. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004; mh, 2007. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
"Diary of Daily Life, Lawrence, Kansas: Elizabeth Duncan in 1864," Kansas Collection, RH MS P753, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas