Found in 12 Records:
The Armitage Gone! Dance modern dance company was founded by Lawrence, Kansas, native Karole Armitage in 1979. The Armitage Foundation was established in 1985 to oversee the work of Armitage and the dance company. This collection contains budget reports, correspondence, reviews, and other materials related to both the foundation and company.
This collection comprises personal correspondence sent to Katie and Ken Armitage from the family of John C. Johnson, Jr. between 1975 and 2014. Correspondents include John Johnson, his wife Dorothy, and their children Doug and Carol. Both Doug and Carol are University of Kansas graduates.
This collection documents the professional dance career of Karole Armitage, a Lawrence, Kansas native, from her early days as a young ballerina through 2017. The materials, comprising correspondence, newspaper and magazine articles, programs, and more, were collected by Katie Armitage, Karole's mother.
This collection of Lawrence, Kansas-based historian Katie Hart Armitage's papers includes Armitage's correspondence spanning from the 1970s until 2016, as well as her historical research materials and preparatory notes for tours and presentations centered primarily on the American Civil War, the Oregon-California Trail, and the Santa Fe Trail.
This collection consists of research materials used by Katie Armitage for her publications and presentations on African Americans in Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas.
Making Do and Doing Without: Kansas in the Great Depression, a radio/newspaper series about Kansans' Depression-era experiences, was produced by the University of Kansas Division of Continuing Education. This collection consists of several cassette tape recordings of oral history interviews performed in 1982 and 1983, as well as project records and photocopies of primary source material and other research which formed the basis for the series.
Katie Armitage, actively involved as a concerned parent and teacher, compiled these printed materials related to educational issues in Lawrence, KS, from 1964 to 1974.
- African American business enterprises -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American churches -- Kansas 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African Americans -- Education 1
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Bible -- Study and teaching -- Kansas 1
- Dance 1
- Dancers -- United States 1
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 1
- History -- Study and teaching -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Missouri -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Oregon National Historic Trail 1
- Pittsburg (Kan.) -- History 1
- Public housing -- Kansas 1
- Public housing -- Missouri 1
- Public schools -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Diaries 1
- Women pioneers -- Kansas -- Diaries 1 + ∧ less