Letters to Paul S. Seybolt
These two letters were written by newspaper editor and author William Allen White in response to a request that a book entitled Kansas Poetry, which he received from Paul S. Seybolt of West Medford, Massachusetts, be autographed. White comments on the ages at which he wrote his several poems which were published in the book and speculates that Seybolt's is the only copy extant.
- December 28, 1936 and January 25, 1937
- White, William Allen, 1868-1944 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of William Allen White
William Allen White was born at Emporia, Kansas, on February 10, 1868. He attended the University of Kansas and later moved to Emporia, where his grassroots editorials as owner of the Emporia Gazette gained him national prominence. In addition to his editorials, White wrote many widely-published poems, articles, and books. He died on January 29, 1944 at Emporia.
1 folder (2 letters)
RH MS P740
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ann Sproul Speck, 12 March 1982
- Guide to William Allen White letters to Paul S. Seybolt
- Letters to Paul S. Seybolt
- Finding aid prepared by mh, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mh, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
White, William Allen, 1868-1944, Letters to Paul S. Seybolt, Kansas Collection, RH MS P740, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries