Skip to main content

Assessment of the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence's Adaptive Reuse of the Pleasant Valley District #14 Schoolhouse

 Collection
Call Number: RH MS P872

Overview

This paper by University of Kansas student Dan Carey (later Dan Carey-Whalen) describes the historical and architectural importance of the Pleasant Valley #14 schoolhouse which was purchased as a meeting house in 1960 by the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence, Kansas. Citing the building's suitability for the National Register of Historic Places, Carey proposes various preservation-minded measures for its adaptive use. Included are photographic negatives of the meeting house.

Dates

  • December 6, 1999

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

No access restrictions

Extent

1 folder

Physical Location

RH MS P872
Title
Guide to "Assessment of the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence's Adaptive Reuse of the Pleasant Valley District #14 Schoolhouse"
Subtitle
Assessment of the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence's Adaptive Reuse of the Pleasant Valley District #14 Schoolhouse
Status
Completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by mh, 2008 Finding aid encoded by mh, 2008
Date
2008
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
Finding aid permalink
http://hdl.handle.net/10407/4505119487
Preferred citation
Assessment of the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence's Adaptive Reuse of the Pleasant Valley District # 14 Schoolhouse, Kansas Collection, RH MS P872, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries

Repository Details

Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository

Contact:
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States
785-864-4334