Lawrence Unitarian Fellowship (Lawrence, Kan.)
Found in 3 records:
Assessment of the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence's Adaptive Reuse of the Pleasant Valley District #14 Schoolhouse
Call Number: RH MS P872
Overview This paper by University of Kansas student Dan Carey (later Dan Carey-Whalen) describes the historical and architectural importance of the Pleasant Valley #14 schoolhouse which was purchased as a meeting house in 1960 by the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence, Kansas. Citing the building's suitability for the National Register of Historic Places, Carey proposes various preservation-minded measures for its adaptive use. Included are photographic negatives of the meeting house.
Dates: December 6, 1999
Call Number: RH MS 975
Overview Mark Larson, a resident of Lawrence, Kansas, was involved in local, state, national and international efforts related to peace and social and economic justice concerns. These papers (mostly publications, notes and e-mails) reflect his involvement and include environmental initiatives, peace witness, Latin American assistance (especially the sister cities project with El Papaturro, El Salvador) and community concerns with living wage, poverty and hunger, health and fair trade, as well as...
Dates: 1964 - 2009
Call Number: RH MS 1174
Overview Unitarianism has been an active denomination in Lawrence since the town was founded in 1855. The congregation disbanded during World War II and reestablished a charter in 1958. This collection includes meeting minutes, budgets, long-range plans, membership directories, correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, books, sermons, and histories of Unitarianism in Lawrence from the territorial era to the present church.
Dates: 1827 - 2011