Mark Larson papers
Mark Larson, a resident of Lawrence, Kansas, was involved in local, state, national and international efforts related to peace and social and economic justice concerns. These papers (mostly publications, notes and e-mails) reflect his involvement and include environmental initiatives, peace witness, Latin American assistance (especially the sister cities project with El Papaturro, El Salvador) and community concerns with living wage, poverty and hunger, health and fair trade, as well as Larson's involvement in the Lawrence Unitarian Fellowship.
- Creation: 1964 - 2009
- Larson, Mark, 1932-2010 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
3 Linear Feet (6 boxes + 2 oversize boxes)
RH MS 975
RH MS 1175
RH MS R198
RH MS R273
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mark Larson, 2002
- Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador (U.S.) (Organization)
- Lawrence-El Papaturro Friendship Committee (Organization)
- Lawrence Coalition for Peace and Justice (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
- Lawrence Unitarian Fellowship (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
- Manhattan Alliance for Peace and Justice (Manhattan, Kan.) (Organization)
- Guide to the Mark Larson Collection
- Mark Larson papers
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2007; revised by cl, 2010. Finding aid encoded by mab, 2007. Finding aid revised by bd, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Mark Larson Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 975, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas