Family history index of the Betty Washington chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution
The Betty Washington Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, named in honor of George Washington's only sister, was founded at Lawrence, Kansas in 1896 to foster historic preservation, the study of U.S. history, historical research, and patriotism. This Family History Index is an alphabetical name index to the chapter's membership volumes dating to 1976. It was produced as a Bicentennial project of the chapter, and was edited by chapter librarian Barbara E. Clason. The collection also includes a copy of the chapter's 2005-2006 yearbook.
- 1976, 2005-2006
- Clason, Barbara E., 1916-1990 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder : 68 page-typescript ; 28 cm
Language of Materials
RH MS P752
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Barbara E. Clason, 1977
Previously shelved at RH MS 226.
- Guide to the Betty Washington Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution Records
- Family history index of the Betty Washington chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution
- Finding aid prepared by mg, 2004 and mh, 2007. Finding aid encoded by mh, 2007. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Daughters of the American Revolution. Betty Washington Chapter (Lawrence, Kan.), Family History Index, Kansas Collection, RH MS P752, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States