Social Service League records
Founded in 1863 to help survivors of victims of William Quantrill’s raid, the Social Service League serves low-income families and individuals of Douglas County, Kansas, and operates a thrift shop. The collection is comprised of two volumes, dating from 1929-1939, which contain the minutes of meetings, financial information, clippings and a 1937 photograph of the thrift shop.
- Creation: 1929 - 1939
- Social Service League of Lawrence (Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
RH MS 810
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Lawrence Public Library, 1993
- Guide to the Social Service League Collection
- Social Service League records
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Social Service League Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 810, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries