Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence records
This collection consists of several volumes of records from the Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence, Kansas. These volumes include treasurer's records, Sunday School reports, meeting minutes, and membership information for the church as well as for some of the groups associated with the church, including the Ladies' Society and the Young People's Society of Christian Endeavor (Y.P.S.C.E.).
- 1866 - 1911
- Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence (Lawrence, Kan.) (Compiler, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of the Pilgrim Congregational Church
Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence, Kansas was organized in 1865 by Reverend J. Franklin Morgan of Boston, Massachusetts. Its building, erected in 1866, was the first church north of the river in Lawrence, and was located at the corner of 3rd and Elm Streets.
After the Kaw River flood of 1903, during which most of the church's records were lost, the church began faltering financially. Many of its parishioners lost everything in the flood and could not support a full-time minister. The church's last services were held in December 1910. By early 1912, Pilgrim Congregational's membership agreed to merge with Plymouth Congregational Church's membership.
8 Volumes ; Sizes vary from 18cm to 32 cm.
Language of Materials
RH MS E102
RH MS D26
RH MS E33
RH MS B22
RH MS C3
RH MS C4
RH MS C5
RH MS C6
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Volume located at RH MS E102: Deposit, Plymouth Congregational Church, 13 September 1975.
All other volumes: gift, Avery Fincher Olney, 1949.
- Olney, Avery Fincher (Donor, Person)
- Plymouth Congregational Church (Lawrence, Kan.) (Depositor, Organization)
- Guide to the Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence Collection
- Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence records
- Finding aid prepared by pg, April 1976. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence records, Kansas Collection, RH MS E102, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States