Church records and registers -- Kansas -- Lawrence
Found in 5 Records:
The First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence, Kansas was founded in 1858. This collection contains historical records and books, photographic and audiovisual material, correspondence, some small artifacts, news clippings, church publications, and miscellaneous documents related to the history and workings of the church.
This collection consists of several volumes of records from the Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence, Kansas. These volumes include treasurer's records, Sunday School reports, meeting minutes, and membership information for the church as well as for some of the groups associated with the church, including the Ladies' Society and the Young People's Society of Christian Endeavor (Y.P.S.C.E.).
This collection contains the records of the Plymouth Congregational Church of Lawrence, Kansas, dating from its founding in the 1850s to the present day. The collection includes a wide variety of administrative documentation, including committee and organizational meeting minutes, orders of service, financial records, membership information, photographs, building specifications and architectural drawings, mortgage and property information, correspondence, and other related materials.
This collection contains papers and books from St. Paul's United Church of Christ, Eudora, Kansas, founded in 1869. Records of the church include meeting minutes, financial records, correspondence, hymnals, religious texts, and certificates. Also included is a congregational register, dated 1923-1945, for the Evangelical St. Paul's Church of Lawrence, Kansas.
Unitarianism has been an active denomination in Lawrence since the town was founded in 1855. The congregation disbanded during World War II and reestablished a charter in 1958. This collection includes meeting minutes, budgets, long-range plans, membership directories, correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, books, sermons, and histories of Unitarianism in Lawrence from the territorial era to the present church.