First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence records
Call Number: RH MS 1111
The First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence, Kansas was founded in 1858. This collection contains historical records and books, photographic and audiovisual material, correspondence, some small artifacts, news clippings, church publications, and miscellaneous documents related to the history and workings of the church.
- 1834 - 2003
- First Presbyterian Church (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of the First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence, Kansas
The First Presbyterian Church (Fpc) of Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas was chartered on April 5, 1858. The church was originally located in dowtown Lawrence, at the intersection of 9th and Vermont Streets, but eventually moved southwest to Clinton Parkway.
17 Linear Feet (19 boxes + 5 oversize boxes+ 1 oversize folder)
RH MS 1111
RH MS Q275
RH MS-P 1111
RH MS-P 1111(f)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, First Presbyterian Church, 1982-2004.
Previously shelved at RH MS 407.
- Guide to the First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence, Kansas Collection
- First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence records
- Finding aid prepared by mt, 2008; revised by, cl 2010; revised by skt, 2010; revised by rmk, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence records, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1111, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas