Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence
Found in 5 Records:
A history of the establishment and the architecture of the English Lutheran Church (later the Trinity Lutheran Church) of Lawrence, Kansas, written by Cathy Ambler, December 1990. Ambler's history of the church was produced as a student paper for a University of Kansas course in Architecture.
Ida (Blood) Hasselman was the daughter of Colonel James Blood (1819-1891), a prominent early settler of Lawrence, Kansas. This collection contains photographs and manuscripts regarding the Blood family.
The Douglas County Historical Society was organized in 1933 by a group headed by Professor F. N. Raymond of the University of Kansas. This collection consists of manuscript and printed materials from a variety of individuals, businesses, and organizations associated with the history of Douglas County, Kansas, from its territorial settlment period of the 1850s through much of the 20th century, deposited by the Douglas County Historical Society with the Spencer Research Library.
The First Presbyterian Church of Lawrence, Kansas was founded in 1858. This collection contains historical records and books, photographic and audiovisual material, correspondence, some small artifacts, news clippings, church publications, and miscellaneous documents related to the history and workings of the church.