Robert Cunningham letter and warranty deed
Robert H. Cunningham, a native of Indiana, moved to Anderson County, Kansas in the 1860s. These photocopied documents include an 1854 letter from Cunningham to his mother while still farming in Owen County, Indiana, and an 1865 warranty deed for purchase of Anderson County land after moving to Kansas with his wife and children.
- letter: August 4, 1854; warranty deed: 1865
- Cunningham, Robert H., 1817- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Robert H. Cunningham
Robert H. Cunningham was born in Indiana in October 1817. He and his wife Ally farmed in Indiana from the 1840s to the early 1860s, when they moved with their many children from Owen County, Indiana to Anderson County, Kansas. They remained lifelong residents of Anderson County, farming near the community of Garnett.
1 folder ; 25 x 38 cm
RH MS P801
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Lisa Gay Slayton
- Guide to the Robert H. Cunningham Letter and Warranty Deed
- Robert Cunningham letter and warranty deed
- Finding aid prepared by mh, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mh, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Cunningham, Robert H, b. 1817, Letter and warranty deed, Kansas Collection, RH MS P801, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries