Emma E. Woods papers
The Emma E. Woods papers are those of a longtime Wichita, Kansas resident and dietitian who was an active member of various social groups, including the Booker T. Washington Literary and Art Club.
- 1929 - 1983
- Woods, Emma E., 1903-1988 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Emma E. Woods
Emma E. Woods was born in 1903. She worked as a dietitian. Woods was active in a number of organizations, including the Wichita, Kansas branch of the Association of Colored Women and Girls Clubs and the Booker T. Washington Literary and Art Club. Emma E. Woods died February 16, 1988 in Wichita.
.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Scope and Contents
The Emma E. Woods papers date from 1929 to 1983. Arranged in a single series, the papers consist solely of organization information (yearbooks, programs, and a directory). Folders are arranged alphabetically by subject.
RH MS 431
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Emma E. Woods, 1985
- Guide to the Emma E. Woods Collection
- Emma E. Woods papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Emma E. Woods Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 431, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries