Records of the Lawrence Flower Club
The Lawrence Flower Club was organized in 1925. In 1929, the group became part of the Kansas Association of Garden Clubs. Activities have included flower shows, the public planting of trees and flowers, and work with children and shut-ins. This collection contains scrapbooks containing photographs and clippings, minute books, treasurers' books, yearbooks, and other miscellaneous papers and mementos, documenting the activities of the Lawrence Flower Club from the 1920s to 2009. The club disbanded in 2009.
- 1910 - 2011
- Lawrence Flower Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
15.75 Linear Feet (25 boxes + 1 oversize folder, 3 oversize boxes)
RH MS 415
RH MS 581
RH MS 1065
RH MS 1245
RH MS Q266
RH MS R313
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Fay Talley, 1985-2000; Lois Harrell, 1994-2004. The 1957 Lawrence Flower Club yearbook in the 1998-03-01 accession was donated by George Gibbs.
This finding aid was modified in June 2005 by ha/mab to include the 1992-2004 additions, and again in February 2012 by acs to include 1994-2011 additions.
- Guide to the Lawrence, Kansas Flower Club Collection
- Records of the Lawrence Flower Club
- Finding aid prepared by mdb, January 1987; revised by cl, 2010; revised by skt, 2010; revised by acs, 2012. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004; revised by ha/mab, 2005; revised by skt, 2010; revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language> English</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence Flower Club Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 415, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas