James P. Meigs, Jr. papers
The James P. Meigs, Jr. papers are those of a long time Junction City, Kansas resident who served in the U.S. Army for 30 years. They date from 1940 to 1967 and consist of certificates and discharge papers, all of which are photocopies. The collection also includes photographs, which are located at RH MS-P P837 and RH MS-P P837(f).
- 1940 - 1967
- Meigs, James P., 1918-2006 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of James P. Meigs, Jr.
James P. Meigs, Jr. was born Feb 15, 1918 in Talequah, Oklahoma. He graduated from Lincoln High School (Nowata, Okla.) in 1934 and later moved to Junction City, Kansas. Meigs enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1937, reenlisting every three years until his final retirement in 1967. During that time he rose to the rank of Sergeant First Class. Meigs died March 26, 2006.
4 folders (+ 1 oversize box )
RH MS P837
RH MS-P P837
RH MS-P P837(f)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, James P. Meigs, Jr, 1988
- Guide to the James P. Meigs, Jr. Collection
- James P. Meigs, Jr. papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008; revised by, cl 2010. Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
James P. Meigs, Jr. Papers, Kansas Collection, RH MS P837, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries