University of Kansas Office of Research, Graduate Studies and Public Service records
The records of the Office of Research and Graduate Studies (RGS), formerly the Office of Research, Graduate Studies and Public Service, at KU reflect its mission "To facilitate innovation, creative activity, discovery, and the application and dissemination of knowledge." To accomplish that mission, the office advocates for research and graduate education, oversees graduate programs and the graduate student application process, implements research integrity requirements, and, through the KU Center for Research manages the administration of research grants and contracts. RGS also has oversight of activities related to technology commercialization and business and industry outreach.
Conditions Governing Access
Some series in this record group will require permission from the office of origin before use. Personnel and student records are closed in accordance with applicable law. All requests are subject to review by the Archives staff to determine accessibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
734.25 Linear Feet (761 boxes + 5 books)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
- Artificial Records. Includes Research Foundation
- Vice Chancellor
- Budget, accounting, maintenance, travel
- Terminated projects
- General Research Fund
- Rejected proposals
- Biomedical research files
- Advisory Committee on Human Experimentation
- Associate Vice Chancellors
- Administrative Staff
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Research
- New Faculty Grants
- Graduate Faculty Recommendations and Appointments
- Research Development Award
- Student petitions and summary reports. Includes special studies degrees
- Fellowships. Includes Self Fellowship Program
- Confidential Records
- Space Committee
- Foreign Faculty Exchanges
- Dean and Director Reviews
- Program Review
- Surveys and Questionnaires
University Archives continues to add material to this collection on a regular basis.
The Collection Description was current as of November 5, 2010.
- Argersinger, William J.
- Armitage, Kenneth B., 1925-
- Bearse, Robert Carleton
- Bresnahan, James Farley
- Cross, Carolyn A.
- Debicki, Andrew Peter
- Gerhard, Lee C.
- Harper, Ronald L.
- Hill, Howard T.
- Horowitz, Frances Degen
- Humphrey, Philip S. (Philip Strong), 1926-2009
- Hurwitz, Rosanna
- Johnson, Alfred E.
- Kaesler, Roger L.
- Kelly, Georgianna
- Kraft, David C.
- Lineberry, Robert L.
- Lujan, Herman D.
- Martinko, Edward Allen
- McGregor, Ronald Leighton, 1919-
- Meyen, Edward L.
- Michener, Charles Duncan, 1918-
- Miskel, Cecil G.
- Moos, Felix, 1929-
- Mossberg, Howard E.
- Mulder, John B.
- O'Brien, Walter J.
- Palumbo, Dennis J., 1929-2006
- Patton, Thomas F.
- Pogge, Ernest C.
- Redwood, Anthony
- Rowell, A. J.
- Sanders, Robert B., 1938-
- Schiefelbusch, Richard L.
- Snyder, C. R.
- Starkey, Frank Marlin, 1939-2002
- University of Kansas. Advisory Committee on Human Experimentation -- Records and correspondence
- University of Kansas. Center for Research
- University of Kansas. Graduate Student Council -- Records and correspondence
- University of Kansas. Office of Research and Graduate Studies -- Records and correspondence
- University of Kansas. Office of Research, Graduate Studies and Public Service -- Records and correspondence
- University of Kansas. Space Policy Advisory Committee -- Records and correspondence
- Woodyard, George William
- Zerwekh, Robert Paul
- Guide to the Records of the University of Kansas
- University of Kansas Office of Research, Graduate Studies and Public Service records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2006, updated by lmb, 2010; Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
University of Kansas Office of Research, Graduate Studies and Public Service records, University Archives, RG 11, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States