University of Kansas School of Engineering records
The KU School of Engineering was formally created on April 2, 1891, with Frank O. Marvin as the first Dean. The School's name was changed to the School of Engineering and Architecture in 1927, and renamed the School of Engineering in 1968 when the School of Architecture and Urban Design became a separate entity. The records of the School of Engineering include records of the school's central administrative offices, including dean's correspondence, as well as those records of the various engineering departments, which contain correspondence, student and faculty records, and the records of special projects and programs.
- University of Kansas. School of Engineering (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Some series in this record group will require permission from the office of origin before use. Personnel and student records are closed in accordance with applicable law. All requests are subject to review by the Archives staff to determine accessibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
572.25 Linear Feet ( 628 boxes + 3 scrapbooks, 6 books, 2 card file boxes, 2 oversize boxes)
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Mining and Metal Engineering
- Engineering Exposition
- Manufacturing Processes
- Department of Architectural Engineering
- Transportation Research Center
- Tertiary Oil Recovery Project
- Engineering Management
- Energy Analysis and Diagnostic Center
- Engineering Physics
Other Finding Aids
University Archives continues to add material to this collection on a regular basis.
The Collection Description was current as of April 18, 2011.
- Andes, Ammon S.
- Dean, Thomas (Engineering professor)
- Douglas, William H.
- Glavinich, Thomas, 1951-
- Helms, Ronald N.
- Kraft, David C. (Professor of Engineering Management)
- Locke, Carl E.
- Maloney, James O.
- Marvin, Frank Olin, 1852-1915
- Metzler, Donald E.
- Preston, Floyd W., 1923-
- Smith, Howard W. (Howard Wesley), 1929-1998
- University of Kansas. Department of Aerospace Engineering
- University of Kansas. Department of Architectural Engineering
- University of Kansas. Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- University of Kansas. Department of Civil Engineering
- University of Kansas. Department of Electrical Engineering
- University of Kansas. Department of Mechanical Engineering
- University of Kansas. Department of Mining and Metal Engineering
- University of Kansas. School of Engineering -- Records and correspondence
- Guide to the Records of University of Kansas
- University of Kansas School of Engineering records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, Nov. 2005, revised by lmb, 2011; Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
University of Kansas School of Engineering Records, University Archives, RG 21, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries