Lawrence, Kansas music scene collection
In the early 1980s, several young adults from Lawrence, Kansas wished to bolster the music scene in the area. As a result, two separate music festivals were created. In 1982, the Committee for the Preservation of Wild Life in Lawrence was established and began hosting the annual festival Mega Keggar, which would later become the Omega Outdoor Music Festival. In 1983, the Kaw Valley Songwriters' Festival held its first songwriters' weekend. This collection includes news articles, programs, planning documents, and promotional material for both festivals.
- 1982 - 2000
- Committee for the Preservation of Wild Life (Lawrence, Kan.) (Sponsor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case + 1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
RH MS 1368
RH MS Q401
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Gary Mark Smith, 2011, 2014.
- Smith, Gary Mark (Donor, Person)
- Guide to the Lawrence (Kan.) music scene collection
- Lawrence Music Scene
- Finding aid prepared by jrw, 2015. Finding aid encoded by jrw, 2015. Finding aid revised by mmj, 2023.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence, Kansas music scene collection, RH MS 1368, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States