American Poetry - 20th Century literary ephemera collection
An artificial collection of manuscript drafts of poetry, correspondence, and other materials from a variety of poets and authors of the mid-20th century, purchased or otherwise acquired from a variety of sources and assembled by Spencer Research Library staff.
- 1950s-1960s, 1980s (bulk 1960s)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.5 Linear Feet (1 document case)
The collection is arranged alphabetically by poet's family name. For each poet, manuscripts and draft materials come before correspondence, if both material types are in the collection for that poet.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ferlinghetti Beach March 25, 1966; Chloe's Books, Sacramento CA, October 3, 1985; Chloe's Books, 1986; Phoenix Book Shop, no date; in box of Farrell interview with Ginsberg; gift of Ed Dorn; gift of Terrence Williams; gift of Mary Beach to T.J. Williams for KU, May 23, 1967; House of Books, 13 October 1966; In Ferlinghetti-Beach, March 25, 1966; Phoenix 97:309 December 10, 1970 to (Eng Dept); Serendipity 35:728. 1975 or shortly thereafter; Captain's Bookshelf, 1986; Literary Heritage.
- Guide to the American Poetry - 20th Century Literary Ephemera Collection
- American Poetry - 20th Century literary ephemera collection
- Finding aid prepared by alh, February 18, 1971; alh, April 26, 1985; alh, September 24, 1986; alh, August 18 and 21, 1987; alh, October 28, 1987; sda, 2012. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2005; sda, 2012. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
American Poetry - 20th Century literary ephemera collection, MS 15, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas