Mike Kautsch collection of William Allen White materials
This collection contains materials related to Emporia Gazette newspaper editor William Allen White, gathered by Mike Kautsch, formerly the dean of the University of Kansas' William Allen White School of Journalism. It includes several A.P. Style manuals, correspondence between William Allen White and a former student, information about the William Allen White Foundation's goals, booklets of typed speeches given at various events hosted by the William Allen White Foundation, newspaper clippings relating to one of William Allen White's friends's newspapers, and magazine clippings about Rocky Mountain National Park followed by a typed letter about William Allen White's wife's and her friend's experiences in Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1929 - 1986
- Kautsch, Mike (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Language of Materials
RH MS 1494
Mike Kautsch, a professor in the University of Kansas School of Law, received most of the items in this collection from Paul Stevens, former Kansas City Bureau Chief for the Associated Press. Kautsch was dean of the KU School of Journalism at the time of reciept.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mike Kautsch, 2018.
- Kautsch, Mike (Donor, Person)
- White, William Allen, 1868-1944 (Person)
- University of Kansas. William Allen White Foundation (Organization)
- Guide to the Mike Kautsch Collection of William Allen White Materials
- Mike Kautsch collection of William Allen White materials
- Finding aid prepared by bnd. Finding aid encoded by bnd.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Mike Kautsch collection of William Allen White materials, RH MS 1494, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.