Torah texts from Leviticus through Deuteronomy
Appears to be the second half of a Torah text, for Old Testament chapters Leviticus viii, 24 through the end of Deuteronomy.
- [not after 1830]
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
3 Linear Feet (1 scroll in a box)
The scroll was given by Alpha Loretta Owens (1877-1965), a University of Kansas alumna and Lawrence, Kansas resident, to the Douglas County Historical Society in Lawrence, Kansas as part of an estate bequest. From the information she provided the historical society, the scroll was "Part of the spoils taken from a synagogue in Algiers when Algeria fell in 1830."
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposit, Douglas County Historical Society, 1969.
- Douglas County Historical Society (Douglas County, Kan.) (Depositor, Organization)
- Guide to the Hebrew Torah Collection
- Torah texts from Leviticus through Deuteronomy
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1969. Finding aid encoded by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Torah texts from Leviticus through Deuteronomy, MS J1:2, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas