Douglas County Historical Society (Douglas County, Kan.)
Found in 5 records:
John Henry Eibest was a farmer in Grant Township in Douglas County, near Lawrence, Kansas. This collection contains 51 diaries and associated documents pertaining to the farm, property, and life of John Eibest.
The Douglas County Historical Society was organized in 1933 by a group headed by Professor F. N. Raymond of the University of Kansas. This collection consists of manuscript and printed materials from a variety of individuals, businesses, and organizations associated with the history of Douglas County, Kansas, from its territorial settlment period of the 1850s through much of the 20th century, deposited by the Douglas County Historical Society with the Spencer Research Library.
Scrapbooks containing typed diary-type accounts, letters, and newspaper clippings pertaining to crop and weather conditions in Kansas and the southwest region during the early 1900s.
Appears to be the second half of a Torah text, for Old Testament chapters Leviticus viii, 24 through the end of Deuteronomy.
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 2
- Bible. Old Testament 1
- Cemeteries -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Crops and climate -- Kansas 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) 1
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Franklin (Kan.) -- History 1
- Kansas -- Climate 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Genealogy 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Parks -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Public schools -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Stony Point (Kan.) -- History 1
- Torah scrolls -- Specimens 1 ∧ less