Skip to main content

Stanton Harcourt (England)

 Subject
Subject Source: Lcnaf

Found in 1 record:

An account of the Church and remains of the Manor House of Stanton Harcourt in the County of Oxford

 Collection
Call Number: MS C202
Overview

This historical account of the church and remains of the manor house of Stanton Harcourt in Oxfordshire (Nuneham Courtenay), covering the period 1199 to circa 1800, was written by George Simon Harcourt, 2nd Earl Harcourt (1736-1809) in 1808, although this year that was copied may have been 1818. It is dedicated to the antiquary, Richard Gough (1735-1809), and includes texts of epitaphs by William Congreve, Alexander Pope and John Gay, and of a letter from Gay.

Dates: 1808 or 1818