West Side Study Club records
The collection of the West Side Study Club consists of program booklets (1901-1978), historian's reports (1902-1962), secretary's books (1905-1962), an account book (1915-1966), yearbook of Federation of Clubs (1921-1924), and remembrances by members.
- 1902 - 1978
- West Side Study Club (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of the West Side Study Club
The West Side Study Club of Lawrence, Kansas was organized January 7, 1901, by Mrs. Susan B. Goddring, Mrs. H.B. Asher, and Mrs. George Eike. The club became and remained a part of the Lawrence Federation of Clubs until 1942. The first year's work was devoted to the study of American literature. Since that time a large variety of subjects has been studied by the members.
1.5 Linear Feet (3 document cases)
Language of Materials
RH MS 296
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposit, West Side Study Club, April 1980.
- Guide to the West Side Study Club Collection
- West Side Study Club records
- Finding aid prepared by jm, May 1980. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
West Side Study Club records, Kansas Collection, RH MS 296, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States