Clubs -- Kansas -- Lawrence
Found in 8 records:
Alpha Delta Kappa is an honorary teacher's sorority. The collection consists of correspondence, chapter meeting reports, rosters, convention programs and other miscellaneous papers, and scrapbooks that include photographs of members, newspaper clippings, programs, and other memorabilia.
History of the Turnverein, by Henry Albach. Lawrence, Kan., 1941.
The G.A.R. in Kansas was organized shortly after the Civil War. This collection consists of thirteen manuscript volumes. Twelve of these volumes are minutes of the organizations meetings. The thirteenth volume is a membership roster.
These records of the Old and New Club of Lawrence, Kansas document the activities of this men's club from the time of its establishment in 1874. Included are its meeting programs from 1874, minutes from 1898 to 1903, correspondence, clippings, papers, and photographs of members.
The Sons and Daughters of New England was an organization in Lawrence, Kansas for settlers from New England and their descendants and relatives by marriage. The collection includes the membership rolls of 1921-1926, secretary's records for 1921-1956, miscellaneous correspondence and newspaper clippings, the 1957 address, "The Contemporary Puritan" by Dr. George Anderson, the 1959 address "Last Yankee Crusade" by Allen Craften, and dinner cards from 1928 to 1938 and 1957.
The Welcome Club of Lawrence, Kansas, formerly known as the Lawrence Newcomers Club (1966-1985) and the Welcome Wagon Club of Lawrence (1985-1996), was a social community group founded to bring together new Lawrence residents in order to help them become acquainted with the city and other residents. This collection includes various records of the club, such as board meeting documents, financial records, newsletters, membership directories, and photographs.
The collection of the West Side Study Club consists of program booklets (1901-1978), historian's reports (1902-1962), secretary's books (1905-1962), an account book (1915-1966), yearbook of Federation of Clubs (1921-1924), and remembrances by members.