Skip to main content

Ingleside Club records

 Collection
Call Number: RH MS CK25

Overview

The Ingleside Club was founded in October 1894 in Lawrence, Kansas, with a membership of nine women. Originally known as the Eureka Club, the name changed to the Ingleside Club by 1896. The members of the club were "dedicated to the enrichment of their minds" through the study of literature and attendance at lectures, plays or musical recitals. They also contributed their time, efforts, and donations to charitable endeavors. These records include the club's yearbook programs, historical notes, a treasurer's book, and secretary minute books through 1988.

Dates

  • 1899 - 1988

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

None

Conditions Governing Use

Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.

Extent

15 Volumes (1 folder) ; 24 x 37 cm

Physical Location

RH MS CK25

Physical Location

RH MS P553

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, Ingleside Club, 1987, 1990
Title
Guide to the Ingleside Club Collection
Subtitle
Ingleside Club records
Author
Finding aid prepared by mab, 2006 Finding aid encoded by mab, 2006
Date
2006
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
Finding aid permalink
http://hdl.handle.net/10407/8054607552
Preferred citation
Ingleside Club Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS Ck25, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries

Repository Details

Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository

Contact:
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States
785-864-4334